The ICAOS Bench Book chapters are part of CORE (Compact Online Reference Encyclopedia).
Originally written in 2005, the Bench Book receives regular updates for rule amendments but this year additional updates have occurred. The Bench Book has always been a great resource for judiciary and court personnel and is an excellent resource for educating on interstate compact.
The Commission is pleased to announce the release of the revised 2022 Bench Book for Judges and Court Personnel. Some of the changes for 2022 include:
- 18.104.22.168 - Eligibility of Offenders, Residency Requirements
- 4.6.1 - Arrest of Absconders Who Fail to Return to Sending State as Ordered
- 5.3.2 - State Sovereign Immunity
2022 Edition Version 13.0 - Download PDF version of the Bench Book. (Takes 5 seconds to generate)
Table of Contents
- MISSION & ACKNOWLEGEMENTS
- INTERSTATE COMPACT LAW - A HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE
- Chapter 1 - General Law of Interstate Compacts
- Chapter 2 - Interstate Commission for Adult Offender Supervision (ICAOS)
- Chapter 3 - The ICAOS Implications for the Courts
- Chapter 4 - Returning Offenders to the Sending State
- Chapter 5 - Liability and Immunity Considerations for Judicial Officers and Employees