The ICAOS Bylaws articles are part of CORE (Compact Online Reference Encyclopedia).
Governor appointed commissioners in every state act on behalf of the state, region, and broader national interest to promote the commission’s mission. Each commissioner represents one vote on the commission, exercising that vote to establish bylaws, operating policies, future initiatives, technological advancements, and compliance enforcement. Through the bylaws, rules, and processes established by commissioners, the national office acts to research, advise, and implement commission directives.
History: Adopted/effective November 20, 2002; amended/effective November 3, 2003; amended/effective October 27, 2004; amended /effective September 13, 2005; amended/effective October 4, 2006; amended September 14, 2011, effective March 1, 2012; amended October 7, 2015, effective March 1, 2016; amended/effective October 3, 2018; amended/effective October 9, 2019.
ICAOS Bylaws Effective October 19, 2019 - Download PDF version of the ICAOS Bylaws. (Takes 5 seconds to generate)
Table of Contents
- BYLAWS - ARTICLE I - COMMISSION PURPOSE, FUNCTION AND BY-LAWS
- BYLAWS - ARTICLE II - MEMBERSHIP
- BYLAWS - ARTICLE III - OFFICERS
- BYLAWS - ARTICLE IV - COMMISSION PERSONNEL
- BYLAWS - ARTICLE V - QUALIFIED IMMUNITY, DEFENSE, AND INDEMNIFICATION
- BYLAWS - ARTICLE VI - MEETINGS OF THE COMMISSION
- BYLAWS - ARTICLE VII - COMMITTEES
- BYLAWS - ARTICLE VIII - FINANCE
- BYLAWS - ARTICLE IX - WITHDRAWAL, DEFAULT, AND TERMINATION
- BYLAWS - ARTICLE X - ADOPTION AND AMENDMENT OF BY-LAWS
- BYLAWS - ARTICLE XI - DISSOLUTION OF THE COMPACT