Register   |  Login

You must be logged in to post or reply to threads in the ICAOS Discussion Forums. Please login with an existing account or create a new account.
Before You Post to the Public Forum
Review the 5 links below for answers to common questions regarding the Interstate Compact process and rules.

Common Interstate Transfer Concerns Common Interstate Compact Questions Interstate Compact Rules Interstate Compact Myths Interstate Compact Process Flowchart

ICAOS Discussion Forums
DISCLAIMER: The discussion forums are not intended to be used or relied upon for interpretation or application of the ICAOS Rules or Compact provisions. Questions or requests concerning rule interpretations may be submitted by any state to the Executive Director, by and through, the Compact Commissioner of that state. The views or opinions expressed in comments made in these forums do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of either the ICAOS National Office or the Interstate Commission for Adult Offender Supervision and should not be considered as approval or endorsement of those views or opinions.
HomeHomeGeneral ForumsGeneral ForumsPublic Discussi...Public Discussi...Need assistance on probation transfer from NJ to TXNeed assistance on probation transfer from NJ to TX
Previous

Next
New Post
2/12/2009 11:32 AM

We were in the process of selling our home and moving from NJ to TX when our 20 year old daughter was arrested on drug possession charges. She spent time in jail in NJ and is currently on probation. Right now she is in a voluntary substance abuse program and will be released at the end of February. My husband and I are already living in Texas and we need to bring her here with us when she is released or she will be homeless in NJ. I located the necessary transfer forms on this site, but how do we go about submitting them? Does she complete and sending in the transfer request or does it need to be completed by the sending probation office? We are in desperate need of help and advice on this matter as soon as possible! Thank you, Joanne

New Post
2/12/2009 11:50 AM

Hello Ms. Stouch,

Thank you for your interest in the Interstate Commission for Adult Offender Supervision.

Only a probation/parole officer or a institutional case worker can initiate an interstate compact transfer. If your daughter has not been assigned a probation officer, I suggest that you contact the probation department for the court where your daughter was convicted.

Since an interstate transfer can take considerable time to process, I urge you to start as soon as possible. If the transfer can not be completed before she is released you may need to consider temporary housing in NJ.

Sincerely,

Harry Hageman
ICAOS
Executive Director

Previous

Next
HomeHomeGeneral ForumsGeneral ForumsPublic Discussi...Public Discussi...Need assistance on probation transfer from NJ to TXNeed assistance on probation transfer from NJ to TX

DISCLAIMER: The discussion forums are not intended to be used or relied upon for interpretation or application of the ICAOS Rules or Compact provisions. Questions or requests concerning rule interpretations may be submitted by any state to the Executive Director, by and through, the Compact Commissioner of that state. The views or opinions expressed in comments made in these forums do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of either the ICAOS National Office or the Interstate Commission for Adult Offender Supervision and should not be considered as approval or endorsement of those views or opinions.

© 2002 - 2014 Interstate Commission for Adult Offender Supervision | Contact ICAOS National Office | About ICAOS | Terms of Use